Monday, January 7, 2008

The pain to bid farewell

Its never easy to say goodbye to your loved animals,especially to those whom you held so close to your heart.My special one,kachang had to be euthanised today.She was down with high fever and i could sense that something bad is going to happen when her old illness came back a few weeks ago.
Last night when i received the message that kachang wasnt doing well,i felt that pinch in my heart.This morning i rushed to her den and found her not doing good at all.When the vets decided that euthanasia was the last resort,my heart really really sank.I tried my best to stay strong but i went to hide to let those heavy tears just flow.
Kachang was like our section's little baby.I love her alot.Anybody who sees her will love her.She might not be just like any other normal binturong but to me she is very special.I'll miss hand-feeding her.I'll miss stroking her.I'll miss carrying and hugging her.I'll miss those times when i'd come inside the binturong's den and see her as the first one 'greeting' me.I'll miss feeding her favourite fruit-durian.I'll miss her presence.Our friendship was very special as we had trust in each other.There was love and joy.

Her departure meant an end to her suffering but an incomplete journey of friendship with me.I cherish those times i had with her.She is one truly special animal.I have a lot to learn from this experience.May you rest well my dear friend.
Special thanks to those that cheered me up today!=)

No comments: