Saturday, January 12, 2008

My second animal enrichment!

Environmental enrichment is the process of providing stimulating environments for Zoo animals in order for them to demonstrate their species-typical behavior, to allow them exercise control or choice over their environment, and to enhance their well-being.

And so,this time round i created an enrichment for my Fishing Cats!

Step 1: Get a toilet paper roll

Step 2: Stuff it with straws

Step 3: Then stuff it with small cut pieces of fish or other meat

Step 4: Smear the roll with fish to stimulate fish smell

Step 5: Ready for enrichment!
Well,think it was a good start.Initially the cats displayed some curious behaviour patterns.1 of them actually bite the whole roll!I expected them to rip the roll to get the fish but,haha..they got bored and went away.
Haha..i didnt tell the people in section about my enrichment yet.I want to further improve on it first.(abit paiseh..haha.whats a part-time keeper doing,experimenting on an enrichment?haha)I just feel like trying to do more than just my normal jobscope.Life's all about experimenting and embracing change!
Yusof thought me how to drive the buggy at work!Total chaos manz..haha.But i think i'm improving as compared to the last time that i tried.
Roger and Out!






No comments: