Sunday, February 17, 2008

When hardwork pays off =D

Yesterday was my first solo night shift.haha..1 whole night with my animals and some not so nice guests. I still get that nervous reaction but i always have to remember what my head-keeper told me!

I came out with a new enrichment for my fishing cats!
Its fish wrapped with gunny cloth tied to a log and then smeared with chicken blood.
I was prepared to see what their reaction would be.Surprisingly!they took the whole night to check on the device.They ripped it off,sprayed on it and some even rubbed their face and body against it.Thats something which i rarely see during the day!As a result,their display for the night was awesome!

Everything went smoothly when it comes to confining my animals.To top it all,i wasnt the last one to report in over the walkie!I was calm and yes,singing to my animals again.haha..Michael and Faizal were clapping and cheering for me like small kids when they saw me at the bus-stop.haha..

I handled yesterday well.Though i did daynight shift,i managed to keep myself focus and prioritise.by the time i reached home,i'm busted!haha..and i'm spending more time observing my animals.oh ya!i passed my SOP (standard operating procedures) test.and so they say,hardwork does pays off!=)

No comments: