Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The challenge just keeps coming!

This past 1 week has been pretty challenging for me.Had 3 night shift understudy and yesterday was supposed to be my last understudy.I encountered my very first challenge when confining my animals yesterday.

The challenge started when my dear markhor didnt want to come back into their den.I swear i sweated like a pig.I keep glancing at my watch while calling them back.In total darkness,with just 1 torchlight,i went inside the exhibit,trying to entice them back with food.Shouted their name till i could hear my own voice echo.I even sang to them okays!but still they refuse to move.Xiuting came to take over me while i confine all my other animals.

Well,one thing led to another..1 himalayan tahr didnt want to come back,2 of my binturongs sat like stone right at the end of their exhibit,so i had to go all the way in and chase them back..AND!1 of my fishing cat practically stood like a statue inches away from the den door,refusing to move.Rawr!!

I keep telling myself to stay calm as i hear 1 by 1 all other sections report in over the walkie while here i am,still not done with confining of my animals.haha!cold sweat..it was almost 12.15midnight when i finally report in over the walkie.haha..my voice was completely breaking down.

I decided to request for 1more understudy tomorrow to train myself to stay calm.I know that i can do this,its just that i really really need to stay calm and have a straight mind.If my animals really dont want to come back in,what can i do.haha..i guess i need to be prepared for there will be days when my animals will refuse to listen to me.1 thing i learnt about night shift is that every night is different as i have to expect the unexpected from my animals.Their behaviour is never the same.

Haha..i went home feeling like a total mess yesterday.Tomorrow's my final showdown,i have to make it work!Deep breath!With passion,big hurdles become mere obstacles! =)

+++
+Otter footprints!i find this really cute+

+Sleepy head+

No comments: