Monday, November 19, 2007

Part of the Ocean

I'm done with my first lab test!It went fine.Had a good run and read this favourite part from Tuesdays with Morrie again..

"I heard a nice little story the other day",Morrie says.He closes his eyes for a moment and I wait.
"okay.The story is about a little wave,bobbing along in the ocean,having a grand old time.He's enjoying the wind and the fresh air-until he notices the other waves in front of him,crashing against the shore.
"My god,this is terrible",the wave says."Look what's going to happen to me!"
"Then along comes another wave.It sees the first wave,looking grim,and it says to him,'Why do you look so sad?'
"The first wave says,'You dont understand!We're all going to crash!All of us waves are going to be nothing!Isnt it terrible?'
"The second wave says,'No,you dont understand.You're not a wave,you're part of the ocean'
I smile.Morrie closes his eyes again.
"Part of the ocean,"he says,"part of the ocean".I watch him breathe,in and out,in and out"
I really miss literature class!haha..the other day i read Twelfth Night by william shakespeare again.Literature is all around us.Its interesting and it helps us to understand people better,though it can be pretty complicating at times.haha..To be or not to be?

No comments: