Wednesday, November 21, 2007

HPAI drill

And so,i was made to announce over the walkie that 10 birds were found dead in the aviary.After that i was quarantine in my section restroom.Eventhough this was an exercise drill,the funny thing was i forgot to unlock the door to the aviary.i rushed to the aviary to open the door.By the time i reach there,there were a few of the keepers and Dr sonia in their 'bird flu' suit.Hehe..when they see me,they shouted "Aiyoh!Bird flu!Bird flu!Shooo!Shoooo!"..hehehe..Dr sonia teased me,"I'm afraid we're gonna have to kill you"..muahahahaha!it was a good experience though.

On another note,i'm excited to share with you our new female pangolin.I named her Mata which means eyes.She got really nice and large eyes!really cute but we dont want to stress her too much,so most of the time,we just make careful observations of her =)


+My dear little Mata+
And some pictures of my quiet time with the himalayan tahr.And i'm really glad that Bobby is doing good!He'll be coming back soon.I love making trips to the lab everytime i work just to see him and give him some carrots,long beans,bananas or sweet potatoes.He's got great attitude and is recovering well!


+SMILE!+